Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Alvin & Friends - Where everybody knows your name




A taste of the Islands in New Rochelle. Enter this Southern/Caribbean escape and the smells will intoxicate you.  Sit back and relax in this  upscale restaurant/ gallery where the walls are adorned with artwork by none other than the proprietor Alvin Clayton. When you go, order the fried chicken and save room for his take on pineapple upside down cake made with rum and toffee. The room is intimate and the host affable. On the night I visited there were many self-described regulars in the elegant dining room. As I got up to leave Alvin thanked me for coming and addressed me by name. I could not help but think of the Cheers theme song. The only thing missing was Sam and Diane. 


Must: The fried chicken
Bust: In contrast It would be nice to have lighter/calorie conscious  fare on the menu

                                  www.alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com

No comments:

Post a Comment